April 1, 2020 is Census Day. Participating in the census is vital as it determines resources for your community that include:
- federal funding,
- congressional representation
- funding for new schools, hospitals, roads and more.
The Census can be completed online, through the mail, or by phone, making it convenient for every citizen to participate.
Request a Free Mapping License
We are partnering with the ESRI organization to distribute 1,350 free ARC GIS mapping licenses to organizations working to establish a central hub for the Census mapping project.
APPLY FOR A LICENSE HERE
2020 Census Toolkit:
2020 Census Lawsuit
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) together with Prince George’s County, Maryland, the NAACP Prince George’s County Branch and two county residents, sued the federal government to combat the imminent threat that the 2020 Census will substantially undercount African Americans and other people of color in communities throughout the United States causing inequalities in political representation and deficiencies in federal funding of those communities.
- NAACP, Prince George’s County Sue Over Unconstitutional Census Preparations
- NAACP Challenge to 2020 Census Preparations Moves Forward
- NAACP Secures Agreement to Increase 2020 Census Transparency